Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back to Work

The end of my long weekend is coming to a close. I took off Friday and spent the morning doing pre-op appointments for surgery on Thursday (more on that later), and then went to T-rg-t with the intent to get lots of crap that I didn't need to help me hole up for the weekend.

Well, the customer service was so bad I actually went and got a refund for everything I'd just purchased. Take that!  But, that meant I now had to hole up with what I already had on hand.  So now, my cupboard is practically empty, which is probably a good thing.

Saturday was spent sleeping most of the day, and when I was awake, memories of us, the marriage, the good times, and some of the bad would flood me, and I'd be in tears again. So many whys - most of which I'll never have answers to.

It's amazing how much of a physical toll emotions take on me. It's exhausting to be this sad and/or depressed. My body aches, my head pounds, my legs feel like lead weights.  Sleeping without a prescription aid only rests the body - the mind continues it's relentless scoping of what could, should and would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment